Russia – Governance and Policy Making
Classwork 40 points
- Draw a chart of the basic structure of the Russian government.
- Why and how has the Soviet period created difficulties for the Russian Federation’s government to work?
- Explain the executive branch and list the powers of its members.
- What is the power of decree?
- What is the Duma? What specific powers does it have?
- How are laws made?
- What are the bureaucratic agencies that make up the executive branch and what are their functions?
- How does clientelism work in the Russian government?
- What problems did the Constitutional Court face since its establishment in 1991?
- Name some of the issues in the development of the Russian Federal System and how have they been solved.